- This event has passed.
Vesper Meadow Project: Shrubify the creekside!
November 10 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Dead Indian Creek, headwaters to the Rogue River, is undergoing an eco-revolution. The BLM is currently restoring the creek channel on adjacent public land, AND Vesper Meadow is launching a long path of stewardship and re-wilding. Please accept this invitation to participate in Vesper Meadow’s first act of restoration: help plant the naked banks of the creek!
We’re bring it full circle: after a century of grazing and logging, the creekside vegetation will once again flourish and flower, provide refuge for the feathered and the finned….so come join friends in some muddy fun!
Event info: Saturday, November 10th
10am – 1pm (or whenever we run out of plants…refreshments and rejoicing to follow)
– Carpooling encouraged, from Rite Aid parking lot in Ashland at 9:30 am
– Meet at Vesper Meadow, 16534 Dead Indian Memorial Highway at 10:00 am
– Gloves, trowel or digging stick
– Wear layers, prepare for all weather (rain or shine!)
– Shoes or boots that can get muddy (tall rubber boots are great!)
– Water bottle
– Camera / phone camera
– 5 gallon bucket