- This event has passed.
Native Seed Collection at Rogue River Preserve
July 1 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join Rogue Native Plant Partnership and Southern Oregon Land Conservancy for a seed collection volunteer work party at Rogue River Preserve outside of Eagle Point. Volunteers will be collecting beautiful California oatgrass from a large patch.
All experience levels and ages are welcome. Come prepared to walk in tall grass and up moderate hills. Be aware that poison oak is plentiful at this site. Bring plenty of water, sun protection, sturdy shoes, gaiters (if you have them) to protect your ankles from poky seeds. Snacks will be provided.
COVID-19 Social Distancing Guidelines for RNPP Volunteer Events
- Each attendee shall complete a health assessment survey 1 day before each event in order to determine if it is safe for them to attend the event.
Social Distancing Expectations
- Always maintain a minimum personal space of at least 6 feet.
- Do not carpool to the event with persons outside your household.
- Take into account wind direction and increase personal space accordingly.
- Sneezes & Coughs
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when/if you sneeze or cough and dispose of tissue safely.
- If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve/elbow.
- Always dispose of your own trash
- Minimize the touching of your face and wash/sanitize your hands as often as possible
- Be aware of touching common surfaces without gloves. If you touch a surface without gloves promptly wash/sanitize your hands and sanitize the surface you touched.
- Do not share tools or other equipment with others outside of your household
- Follow the guidance of event leaders if/when they ask you to follow these protocols
Resources Available at RNPP Events
- Sanitizing wipes
- Handwashing station
- Alcohol spray
- Single-use seed collection bags
- Restrooms may only be available at certain sites.